Causing unlawful war upon the US is an attack upon our nation, consistent with US Constitution Article III Section 3:
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.
Causing war against the US is so egregious, it’s the only crime the Founders defined in the Constitution. An unlawful war is the supreme act of betrayal against our military, and a violent overthrow of the US government as we know it by our Constitution. It replaces American limited government under law with unchecked fascism.
The heart of this charge of treason is whether war with Iran would be obviously unlawful or open to a lawful interpretation. Understanding the arguments for war with Iran and the rules of war quickly get to the heart of this crucial issue.
The current two areas of rhetoric for war with Iran are obviously unlawful grounds because they are provable lies:
- Iran has threatened to destroy Israel; therefore Iran should be attacked before it does so. This claim derives from an October 2005 speech from Iranian President Ahmadinejad. If you haven’t already done so, spend five minutes to read the paragraph in question. The content and context of the speech prove this claim as a lie; a Hitler-sized “Big Lie” so outrageous its only hope of acceptance is blind belief in honest government rather than the verifiable facts.
- Iran is creating nuclear weapons or at least has an unlawful nuclear program that could lead to making weapons. The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has never found any diversion of fissionable material diverted from peaceful and lawful use. The IAEA had the votes to request Iran stop refining nuclear material because Iran stopped their voluntary participation in “additional protocol,” an agreement never ratified by their legislative branch and that Iran ended after three years of continued US refusal to honor their Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) obligations. Iran is in compliance for NPT without additional protocol; the US is lying by omission on this important fact. NPT guarantees nuclear energy for all peaceful uses, including nuclear medicine for isotopes for CT and Bone scans, and for treatment. Moreover, all 16 US intelligence agencies agree in their most recent National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) that Iran does not have a nuclear weapons program. Because this claim has no evidence for its support and all known evidence in refutation, this claim is an obvious lie and embodies the very definition of a lie.
Corporate media will not clarify the above facts, but anyone can verify them.
Corporate media will war-monger in the same ways preceding war with Iraq by headlining articles, “Iran moving closer to nuke warhead capacity” rather than reporting factually on Iran’s need for medical isotopes (reported by AP). Corporate media will lie by omission that the US previously overthrew Iran’s government from 1953 to 1979 for control of their oil, and then backed an invasion of Iran from 1980 to 1988. We know from US Senate Church Committee disclosure from the CIA Director that corporate media is infiltrated with their agents for the express purpose of disinforming the American public. This is why the public is abandoning corporate media and embracing alternative sources for facts and analysis, such as this article.
The grounds for a lawful war are easy to understand; analogous to laws governing individual self-defense on the street. The use of force for the US military is intentionally limited to the UN Charter, a treaty with the full force of US law. Just as for individuals on the street, use of force is prohibited for nations. The two lawful exceptions are self-defense when under armed attack from another nation’s government or reasonable imminent threat, and when expressly authorized by the UN Security Council (UNSC). What happened on 9/11 was an incident of terror, not a government’s armed attack. UNSC resolved for international cooperation for discovery of fact, arrest, and prosecution of the guilty. The US violated this explicit and authoritative order.
Obviously neither lawful exception exists for war with Iran. If some “Gulf of Tonkin” event occurs that kills Americans and is blamed on Iran as grounds for war, we should suspect the US government as the prime suspect because we know this type of false flag operation has already been war-gamed to begin a war with Iran and has a long history of US use to initiate an offensive war.
The UN Charter is crystal-clear in spirit and letter, and the victory of Americans who sacrificed for the failed promise of the First World War (“the war to end all wars”) and the strongly-designed UN restrictions on war after the Second World War. Propagandists for war will argue in Orwellian contradiction:
- The UN Charter isn’t clear about ending wars of choice and allows for lawful interpretations for war. Reading the Charter proves this lie; it’s written as clearly as humanly possible to legally limit war to only and always the above exceptions.
- Somehow the UN Charter isn’t the US rules for lawful war. For 65 years every textbook and law professor have taught that the US initiated the UN to limit war once and for all.
- The UN rules don’t count because they’re not enforced. The lack of enforcement is historically true (the Vietnam War, for example), but the history is evidence of need for public understanding and demand for their enforcement not their abandonment to perpetual Wars of Aggression.
- Rules are all relative and open to interpretation. This is BS: the rules of driving a car are clear, important, and enforced. The rules of lawful war are just as clear.
- The wars are well-intentioned mistakes and the US needs to stay to help these people. We know now that all the reasons for war were lies known to be lies as they were told. This is BS to keep the wars going without prosecution under the guise of “helping.”
- Attacking the messenger. Propagandists will accuse me of treason for not blindly obeying our American Fuhrer (leader in German) in unlawful war. They will not engage in factual consideration of the alleged causes for war and the rules; they will emotionally rant that their unlawful wars are “supporting the troops,” that I should move to Iran, etc.
Anyone who takes comparable time of watching the Super Bowl to learn the rules of war will discover that the UN Charter is as clear as the rules in football to prevent outrageous infractions, that the US was the main author of these rules to prevent future generations from the scourge of war, and the rules are being tragic-comically betrayed in current wars and rhetoric for more war with Iran.
What do we do when the Emperor has no clothes, strutting in plain view, with perhaps only 10% of us seeing the obvious? Because all of our lives are at stake, express with all your heart, mind and soul the truth. I headline the crime of treason in good faith of its conservative legal definition, but advocate Truth and Reconciliation (T&R) as a policy response. This is practical rather than prosecution because of the vast majority of people complicit in the crime, and a probable unexpected source of causing these wars that can most quickly be discovered through T&R to efficiently end these mass-murders.
In summary, the US government and corporate media are lying for the causes of war with Iran, both in their justifications and with the law. We know through our own government’s disclosures that we were also lied-to about the evidence for war with Iraq, and these lies were known as lies when they were told. And yes, that means these wars are also treasonous.
We know that treason is waging war against the US or supporting enemies in their attack upon us. America has been under treasonous attack since 2001 (further back than that, with evidence limited to this date in this article), as all these wars are unlawful and were only levied against us from the lies and betrayal of law from “leadership” from both parties and complicity of corporate media.
I call upon all men and women in government and our military to honor your Oath of Enlistment to support and defend the US Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, to immediately refuse all orders connected with these unlawful wars, current and planned, and arrest those who issue them. Without successful reversal, the US seems to be headed to expand unlawful war in Iran, as the following video clips and our lying sacks-of-spin leaders are fomenting (here and here).
Understand that such a war could escalate to another world war.
Consider that America is by conservative textbook definition acting more like a fascist state than the limited government under the US Constitution (and here), and requires citizen action to defend and restore as our Founding Fathers predicted. Remember that this fascist government was found guilty of murdering Dr. Martin Luther King when he challenged US wars; that the future he predicted of either we live together as Brothers and Sisters or perish together as fools is eloquently true.
I don’t see you having anything better for your attention and available time than this issue.
Will you answer the call of your heart and mind’s highest calling to work and love NOW to build a brighter future for humanity?
Please share this article with all who can benefit. If you appreciate my work, please subscribe by clicking under the article title (it’s free). Please use my archive of work to help build a brighter future.
Local perspective: Part of my professional duties as a teacher of economics and government is to produce competent adult citizenry. This includes realization that our nation’s policies and money are managed at a broad community level, and these issues have tremendous local impact. Of course, we all want human beings to be individually successful and enjoy their unique, beautiful and powerful self-expressions. Concurrently, we recognize our commitment to local success is strongly dependent upon the success of the community, and that government policy and economics are drivers.
Our status in early 21st Century human history is that we suffer from a long history in government and money of human interrelationship well-described as vicious antagonism. Governments frequently use war as a foreign policy, despite its illegality and dependent upon public ignorance, with horrific consequences. Economic policy is still created within a “Robber Baron” paradigm to concentrate money to an elite few families. Two examples:
1. National taxes effect you dearly, especially the tax to pay interest on the national debt. This costs the American public over $400 billion every year. This is $4,000 per year for every $50,000 of income. Do the math to understand your household’s tax burden for a monetary policy invented by banks for banks to create our money supply as debt. Your competence in this area contributes to our collective voice to simply shift monetary policy to easily pay the national debt, enjoy full employment, collectively save us over a trillion dollars every year, and finally realize what our brightest American minds have been advocating for centuries beginning with Benjamin Franklin. This would have unprecedented local benefits, and requires collective power to accomplish.
2. Ending poverty everywhere on our planet would cost just 0.7% of our income and save a million children’s lives every month. This human accomplishment will cause unimaginable joy at our local level.
“If we are to have peace on earth, our loyalties must become ecumenical rather than sectional. Our loyalties must transcend our race, our tribe, our class, and our nation; and this means we must develop a world perspective. No individual can live alone, no nation can live alone and as long as we try, the more we are going to have war in the world. Now the judgment of God is upon us and we must either learn to live together as brothers or we are all going to perish together as fools.”
–Inscription on Dr. Martin Luther King’s statue, Moorehouse College, Atlanta
“The day that hunger is eradicated from the earth, there will be the greatest spiritual explosion the world has ever known. Humanity cannot imagine the joy that will burst into the world on the day of that great revolution.” — poet Federico García Lorca
I appreciate your attention to these facts and encourage your further study and action consistent with your own self-expression. My recommendations:
Policy response: Gandhi and Martin Luther King advocated public understanding of the facts and non-cooperation with evil. I’m among hundreds who advocate:
- Understand the laws of war. These were legislated after WW2 and are crystal-clear that only self-defense, in a narrow legal meaning, can justify war. The current US wars are not even close to being lawful. Those involved with US military, government, and law enforcement have an oath to protect and defend the US Constitution, not “always place the mission first.” To fulfill their oath they must immediately refuse and end all orders associated with unlawful wars and military-related constant violation of treaties.
- End the transfer of trillions of American taxpayer money to banksters and admitted as “lost” by our military. End poverty through global cooperation to achieve the UN Millennium Goals by developed countries investing 0.7% of their income. Support global security through cooperation, dignity, justice, and freedom. Create a US Department of Peace to help.
- Communicate. Trust your unique, beautiful, and powerful self-expression to share as you feel appropriate. Understand that while many people are ready to embrace difficult facts, many are not. Anticipate that you will be attacked and prepare your virtuous response in the spirit of competition, just as you do in other fields.
- Prosecute the war leaders for obvious violation of the letter and spirit of US war laws. Because the crimes are so broad and deep, I recommend Truth and Reconciliation (T&R) to exchange full truth and return of stolen US assets for non-prosecution. This is the most expeditious way to understand and end all unlawful and harmful acts. Those who reject T&R are subject to prosecution.
Comments policy: I welcome questions and comments that are civil and pertain to the article topic. Impolite and impertinent comments will be deleted.
Please consider that I’m among hundreds of writers who have documented our own government’s disclosure of propaganda programs to support their wars. I suspect my articles are under such propagandistic attack from comments that use typical rhetorical fallacies to distract readers from the facts. I invite readers to sharpen their ability to discern such propaganda. They are characterized by a combination of: never addressing the facts, diverting attention through unsubstantiated belief in an alleged expert, irrelevant data, straw-man attack that distorts the facts, ad hominem attack of insults to the messenger, vile comments to repulse readers, and lies of omission and commission.
I will use such comments to point-out the propaganda or delete them at my discretion. Again, all relevant and polite questions, and factually accurate comments are welcome. As a professional educator I’m in agreement with my experience and research: we learn best from multiple perspectives in mutual commitment to understand the facts, see those facts from diverse points-of-view, and consider various policy proposals of what we should do.
For those involved in support of US government-sponsored disinformation, I invite you to consider the quality of human relationships you wish to work toward. National security and a brighter future is not a function of fear, manipulation, and control. Our best security follows cooperation, justice under the law, dignity, and freedom. Working for your best imagined self-expression of virtue may include a unique contribution from the inside of your agency. Public attraction to the stories of Star Wars and the Harry Potter books/movies recognize that our society’s jump to civilized relations for all of us might require support from people within the “dark side” acting as covert agents for building a brighter future. Another option is becoming a whistle-blower; Project Camelot is a popular venue for people in sensitive positions. Ultimately, I recommend a Truth and Reconciliation process to exchange full truth for no prosecution, explained in detail at the link. Please consider the wisdom of your own “Scrooge conversion” to act for the benefit of all humanity rather than your self-proclaimed controlling, manipulating, and loveless “masters.”
“Scrooge was better than his word. He did it all, and infinitely more; and to Tiny Tim, who did not die, he was a second father. He became as good a friend, as good a master, and as good a man, as the good old city knew, or any other good old city, town, or borough, in the good old world. Some people laughed to see the alteration in him, but he let them laugh, and little heeded them; for he was wise enough to know that nothing ever happened on this globe, for good, at which some people did not have their fill of laughter in the outset; and knowing that such as these would be blind anyway, he thought it quite as well that they should wrinkle up their eyes in grins, as have the malady in less attractive forms. His own heart laughed: and that was quite enough for him.”
Video: False Flags, Lies & Nuclear Bombs – View Video here